[opensource] Fwd: Hack the Home in Louisville, KY

Chris Wallace cbwcjw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:21:42 EDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Hack the Home in Louisville, KY
Date: 	Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:23:22 -0400
From: 	Justin Berger <justin at firstbuild.com>
To: 	officers at opensource.osu.edu

Greetings Open Sourcers-

I’m a proud alum (ME ’08) who is heavily active in the maker community
through my job at FirstBuild in Louisville, KY.  We’re setting up to
host the biggest Hackathon in the midwest this April 10-11, and are
targeting a mixed audience of traditional coders and electronics hackers
in addition to designers and hardware makers.  We have lined up tech
suppliers, organizations, and academic institutions from across the
country (initial prizes identified on the attached poster).  I would
love to have Buckeyes representing as well.

The theme is Hack the Home and you can find more information
here: https://firstbuild.com/mary/mega-hackathon-hack-the-home/

I would love if you can share this message with anyone who might be
interested:
"Hack the Home" is your opportunity to dream, hack and build your ideas
for the home of the future. Gather your team, or form a new team when
you arrive at FirstBuild for the 2-Day event.

Sponsors will be onsite with their tools and latest innovations for you
to use in your creations. Over $15,000 cash and hardware will be awarded!

April 10th and 11th
Noon through 10pm on the 11th.

333 E Brandeis Ave
Louisville, KY 40208

Thanks and Go Bucks,
Justin

PS: If you’re not able to attend this event, we’re always working on
home appliance innovations with GE at FirstBuild.  Check out our website
if you’d like to be involved (www.FirstBuild.com
<http://www.firstbuild.com/>) and let me know if you’re ever in
Louisville and would like to visit or build something in our Microfactory!