[opensource] Open Source Club: New Mailing List & This Week's Meeting

Christopher Davis davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Jan 10 22:50:44 EST 2018

Hey everyone!

Welcome back. You might have noticed this looks a little different from
the usual weekly emails. That is because we've moved off of mailman and
to a more traditional mailing list - like the Linux kernel and many
other FOSS projects use. You can post to it by e-mailing
opensource at cse.ohio-state.edu. The front page is here:
. We have one general rule for posting: "Be Excellent To Each Other".
Otherwise, feel free to talk about news, events, or things you think the
club might be interested in. In a way it's like a discussion forum. We
hope to see some interesting conversations on here.

----

This Week's Meeting:

This week, we'll be talking about how to get started contributing to
FOSS projects. This should cover any skill level, so even if you've
never made a "Hello World" you should come away having learned how to
help out with your favorite projects. It will be this Thursday, 7:30
p.m. at CL 120.

----

Other Events:

Student Involvement Fair

What: OSUOSC is going to be at the involvement fair! This will be a
chance for us to gather new members, and current members can stop by our
booth to chat, too.

When:  Thursday, Jan 18th  4:00-7:00 p.m.

Where: Ohio Union

-- Chris

Christopher Davis, Undergraduate
Public Relations Officer | Open Source Club at The Ohio State University
*The Ohio State University*
College of Engineering Computer Science
davis.5373 at osu.edu <mailto:davis.5373 at osu.edu>