[opensource] Hacking Home Automation with Software-Defined Radio

Davis, Chris davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Oct 17 17:18:05 EDT 2018

Hello everyone!

This week Andrew Makovec is giving a talk.

Ever thought about designing your own smart home? In this week's talk, we'll focus on practical applications of replay attacks on off-the-shelf home automation devices, allowing them to be controlled with a Raspberry Pi. On the way, we'll delve into how these devices transmit data over the air and how we can intercept and replay these transmissions using only a $20 RTL-SDR dongle, a Raspberry Pi, and free and open source software packages. We'll also discuss how we can tie these replay attacks into popular home automation suites, such as Home Assistant.

The talk will be tomorrow, Thursday evening at Caldwell Lab room 120, 7:30 P.M.

Hope to see you there!

Christopher Davis
Treasurer
Public Relations Officer The Ohio State University Open Source Club 2024 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 2347160710 Mobile davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu<mailto:davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu> opensource.osu.edu<http://opensource.osu.edu>