[opensource] Open Source Club Week of September 3rd Meeting and Announcements

Christopher Davis davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:26:39 EDT 2018

Hey everyone!

This week we have an alumni of ours coming in, J3RN. By now, you've
surely heard of the containerization sensation that's sweeping the
developer nation: Docker!
Docker is a powerful tool that utilizes features of the Linux kernel to
package applications in portable "images" and run them isolated from
the host OS. In theory,
an application should run just the same in production as it does in
development—eliminating the "works on my machine" class of issue. In
the talk, J3RN will cover
the basics of how to get up and running with Docker, how they use it at
CoverMyMeds, as well as some of the issues they've encountered.

Laptops are encouraged if you want to follow along, and free pizza will
be provided.

Hope to see you there!

Christopher Davis
Treasurer
Public Relations Officer
The Ohio State University Open Source Club
2024 Neil Ave,  Columbus, OH 43210
2347160710 Mobile
davis.5373 at buckeyemail.osu.edu opensource.osu.edu